When we buy our piece of silver jewellery it always looks so beautiful and shiny. But unfortunately silver jewellery tarnishes overtime and before you know it your piece starts going blackish. This is just what silver does, so don’t feel guilty. Luckily it is really easy to take care of your jewels.
Here are a few very handy tips for you on how to keep your silver jewellery shining:
- The best way to keep your piece shining is so simple… Just wear it! When we wear our silver jewellery a lot it rubs of on our clothes and materials which polishes it gradually.
- Silver will naturally tarnish when exposed to air, so storing it in an airtight container will minimize tarnishing.
- Avoid exposure with Ammonia, chlorine, bleach and other harsh chemicals, by not wearing the jewellery when swimming, showering or cleaning.
- Put on your jewellery piece last, after putting on perfume, moisturiser, make-up, hair spray and other cosmetics.
- When your jewellery starts tarninsing or looking dirty, you can clean it with a soft toothbrush with luke warm soapy water and dry it with a soft towel. A little bit of Handy Andy or Sunlight Liquid will do the trick.
- Polishing cloths can also be bought to give it a shine.
- Take care of your gemstones by keeping them away from harsh chemicals. Some stones are harder than others and will survive longer. Pearls are particularly susceptible to damage and scratches easily.
- Otherwise if you just want to have your jewel look brand new again, feel free to come to the studio to get your jewellery polished free of charge.